Young Leaders Lockdown Blog
About Coin Street’s Young Leaders
Coin Street young leaders meet weekly to discuss issues relevant to young people, plan events and activities and get to know each other. In the last year the young leaders have planned and put on a Youth Showcase for local young people to perform including singing, dancing and acting, presented to the Southbank Forum (a meeting for local people hosted by our MPs) in September and again in March and hosted meetings with local young people and youth organisations with councillors and politicians as guests.
The picture above shows us in February when we went on a residential trip to Hindleap Warren in East Sussex and did abseiling, high ropes, bush craft, a night walk.
We are still meeting but have moved our meetings online since March. In our sessions we have been catching up, running quizzes, sharing photos, learning origami and giving each other recommendations for TV and films to watch in lockdown. We thought we could share some of our ideas here for other young people to use!
Things we have been watching …
- Race Across the World – In a frenetic race across the world, travellers can choose any route they like – but no flights or smartphones allowed. Which pair will finish first? Find out here!
- Brooklyn Nine Nine: Watch here!
- Ferris Bueller’s Day Off: Watch here!
- Middle School: The Worst Years of My Life: Watch here!
- The Breakfast Club
- Family Reunion
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid
- And everything on Disney+
Things we have been cooking …
- Nutella Brownies
- Oat cookies
- Pasta bake
- 5 Minute chocolate cake: Try the recipe here.
Read our other Young Leader’s blogs!
Organisations with great resources for young people:
- London Youth – Follow them on instagram!
- Jack Petchey Foundation – Follow them on social here.
- Iconic Steps – Follow them on instagram!