Covid-19 safety update
We take the safety of conference delegates, event organisers, suppliers and staff extremely seriously. As a result we have introduced processes and precautions to help mitigate the risk from Covid-19.
When considering implementation we reviewed the guidance given by Public Health England, the government and relevant trade organisations. We advise clients to familiarise themselves with the latest information and guidance from the government and health authorities.
We will continue to review our procedures in line with any update to government guidance, and some of these may be adapted or amended as appropriate.
At our venue
- We have introduced floor markings indicating delegate flow throughout the larger event spaces and communal areas. As well as additional signage to remind visitors of social distancing measures and direct where necessary.
- We have introduced hand sanitiser stations at all food service touch points and additional hand sanitiser stations throughout the building. Automated gel systems have replaced all soap dispensers.
- PPE will be issued to staff and will be worn where appropriate (this may include the use of gloves, face masks and aprons) to protect themselves and others, to help mitigate against any possible cross contamination.
- Perspex screens have been installed in the reception/welcome desk area to help shield staff and visitors.
- Additional cleaning measures and additional cleaning staff used relative to delegate numbers, across event spaces, toilets and communal areas, so that appropriate cleaning can take place throughout your time here.
- The health of staff will be monitored daily and necessary action will be taken if required for the safety of both staff members and visitors. If hospitality staff are deemed to be unwell then they will be sent home and will continue to receive their usual pay.
- Where appropriate, a one-way system will be in operation and the route will be clearly marked.
- In line with our standard practice, conference and meeting rooms will be thoroughly cleaned prior to the hire of the space.
- Furniture will be regularly sanitised and cleaned before, during and after your event.
- We have used software to reconfigure our room layouts and reduce meeting room capacities to allow for additional social distancing measures in line with government guidelines. Renewed room capacities can be found on our room hire pages.
- IT or AV equipment used will be thoroughly cleaned before and after each event.
- We are registered to use the MIA TrustedTrace system, this helps to keep delegate information in a secure way in case it is required by health authorities for Covid-19 Test and Trace. The information will be deleted 21 days after the event has taken place.
- We have been working with our catering partner to introduce socially distance menu options, including individually packaged lunches, to replace our standard buffet.
- Tea and coffee cups will be individually placed on stations, and kept apart from one another, to reduce touch points.
- Hospitality staff will be temperature checked upon arrival for work to check they are within safe guidelines.
- The kitchen has introduced a minimum of 2 metres between workstations.
- Enhanced and transparent cleaning procedures will take place.
- Kitchen and driving teams are issued with PPE including gloves and safety visors.
- We ask all event organisers to encourage delegates to cycle or walk to the venue where possible. Bike racks can be found outside the conference centre on Stamford Street and Coin Street.
- We have an onsite 200 space car park, APCOA. Discounted rates of £10 +VAT p/space are available for conference delegates and organisers when booked in advance.
- Please contact email@example.com to discuss travel requirements in more detail if required.
Thank you and we look forward to seeing you here soon.