Early Years Practitioner
Coin Street Nursery has a fantastic opportunity for experienced, energetic and enthusiastic early years practitioners to join our friendly and committed team. We are looking for trained and skilled practitioners who have a desire to work with children encouraging active learning and promoting strong parent/carer partnerships.
Do you have a sound understanding of the key person approach? Are you an outstanding practitioner who is committed to improving outcomes for children by enabling and supporting them to be strong, competent learners? If so, we want to meet you.
We are a friendly and welcoming organisation with a strong commitment to continued professional development. You will be working with a team of experienced and skilled practitioners who offer a warm, stimulating and welcoming environment to all children and families. We educate and care for children from 3 months to 5 years following the Early Years Foundation Stage framework.
The Coin Street nursery in South Bank, London SE1, offers families and children high quality and affordable programmes, providing integrated childcare and early years education. As the designated Children’s Centre in the area, it offers an Ofsted registered 84-place day nursery which caters for children from 3 months to 5 years of age. As part of their programme during the last year practitioners have had opportunities to visit amazing places in and around London with the children such as the London Eye, Rambert Dance School, China Town, Tate Modern, The National Gallery, Forest School and Local Parks.
We are looking to recruit experienced Early Years Practitioners on a full-time permanent basis. We would be happy to consider candidates on a part-time and/or job share basis. You will be part of a dedicated team of practitioners who are supported by two experienced senior teachers and an operations team including a chef and housekeeper.
We are looking for applicants who can demonstrate the following:
- a recognised qualification in childcare, ideally Level 2 and above
- a commitment to working in partnership with parents
- experience of working with the EYFS and the ability to hit the ground running
- a can-do and enthusiastic attitude
- experience of planning, observing and recording children’s achievements
- proven skills in positive behaviour management
- excellent spoken and written English
In return we can offer you:
- excellent salary and benefits package
- 27 days annual leave (pro rata for part-time)
- 9% Non-Contributory Pension (You do not have to pay anything)
- free gym membership
- support for professional development and training
- Weekly Fruit
- Free trip on the London Eye
Please note that a DBS check is required.
To apply please submit your up to date CV and supporting questions form.
Coin Street Community Builders strives to be an equal opportunities organisation and all staff are expected to share this commitment.
Our values are:
- Creative: By looking for solutions rather than problems I will find better ways of doing things
- Collaborative: By respecting the views of others we will learn, grow and achieve more together;
- Committed: I do what I say I am going to do and do the best job I can.
The 3 Cs are lived by all staff at CSCB. You will be expected to demonstrate your understanding of the behaviours associated with these values during the recruitment process