Coin Street Nursery has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced chef, to join our friendly and committed team. Ideally you will be familiar with working in a nursery setting or similar, though this is not essential.
We are looking for a Chef who is enthusiastic about ensuring young children eat healthily and has experience of cooking for large numbers, ideally children. You will be working in a busy nursery, so you must be expertly capable of managing your own time, working out your own priorities, and keeping control of your kitchen.
You must be a stickler for cleanliness, order, and following health and safety procedures. You will need to work within budgetary restraints to provide a fresh, healthy and varied menu. You will understand that some children have different dietary requirements which need to be accommodated . You will ensure that your store is always well stocked, and your week is planned well in advance. You won’t mind the daily chores of washing up and cleaning the kitchen.
We are looking for a Chef who can demonstrate the following:
- Current food hygiene certificate.
- Significant experience of cooking a wide range of meals in a non-domestic setting for a large group of people, ideally including under-fives.
- Experience of participating in the planning of menus and the ordering and stocking of kitchen supplies.
- Knowledge of the dietary requirements, food hygiene, and health and safety issues.
- Literacy and numeracy skills and an understanding of budgeting.
- Ability to work as a member of a team, and to communicate effectively with a range of people including children.
- Ability to participate in the development of the service, including contributing to the provision of ethnic and whole-food meals.
Please note that a DBS check is required.
Coin Street is a social enterprise based in the Southbank, SE1. From a derelict site in 1984, we have created a thriving, diverse, vibrant and welcoming ‘mixed use’ neighbourhood – a place for people to live, work and play. Coin Street nursery offers families and children high quality and affordable programmes, providing integrated childcare and early years education. We are an Ofsted registered 84-place day nursery which caters for children from 3 months to 5 years of age.
In return we can offer you:
- 27 days’ annual leave (excluding bank holidays) pro rata for part time staff
- 9% employer pension contribution
- Season ticket loan
- Health and wellbeing package including free gym membership and a confidential employee assistance programme
- Commitment to training and development
To apply, please submit an up to date CV and your supporting questions form attached. We are unable to consider CVs if they are not accompanied by the supporting questions form. Closing date for applications is Sunday 24 November 2019.
Please send your complete application to email@example.com. Interviews are due to take place on Friday 29 November and/or Tuesday 3 December.
Coin Street Community Builders strives to be an equal opportunities organisation and all staff are expected to share this commitment.
Our values are:
- Creative: By looking for solutions rather than problems I will find better ways of doing things
- Collaborative: By respecting the views of others we will learn, grow and achieve more together
- Committed: I do what I say I am going to do and do the best job I can.
The 3 Cs are lived by all staff at CSCB. You will be expected to demonstrate your understanding of the behaviours associated with these values during the recruitment process.