Interim Deputy Head of Early Years (Over 2’s Inclusion & Teaching)
About the Interim Deputy Head of Early Years role:
The Deputy Head of Early Year Education works alongside the Head in the leadership, management and development of our early years provision at Coin Street.
This role combines leadership and hands-on teaching in the setting. The Deputy Head will spend an average of 2 to 2.5 days of each week “on the floor” leading practice, with the reminder of the week undertaking leadership responsibilities, which will include planning, meeting with staff, parents and partners, and work to develop our practices and policies to give children the best start in life. This split is indicative and may vary depending on the need.
- Qualified Teacher Status or Early Years Professional Status (EYPS)
- At least three years’ experience of working within an Early Years environment in a senior position
- At least three years’ experience of delivering an early years curriculum
This role works across our early years provision but with a particular focus on children aged 2 years and upwards.
The Deputy Head also acts as special educational needs coordinator (SENCo) leading our work as an enhanced provider, with a focus on ensuring children with special educational needs get the right support and help needed to develop and progress.
This provision encompasses an 84-place nursery, holiday play schemes and activity camps, our creche facility to support parents to engage in training and support, and our work with external partners as part of our Family and Children’s Centre provision working with families across Waterloo and North Southwark.
Coin Street Community Builders (CSCB) is a social enterprise responsible for developing and managing a significant part of London’s South Bank. We have transformed a largely derelict area into a thriving place for people to live, work and visit.
Our 13-acre estate includes:
• the iconic Oxo Tower Wharf, home to designer-maker studios, exhibition and gallery spaces
• a successful conference centre
• cafes, bars and restaurants
• parks and the riverside walkway
• award winning co-operative housing
• an Ofsted Outstanding family and children’s centre providing a nursery and family support
As a social enterprise income we generate stays in the neighbourhood. It’s used to improve and maintain our site which includes Bernie Spain Gardens and the riverside walkway, and to provide a range of free and affordable programmes and activities for families, children, young people, adults and older people in Waterloo and North Southwark.
In return we can offer you:
• 27 days’ annual leave (excluding bank holidays) pro rata for part time staff
• 9% employer pension contribution
• Season ticket loan
• Health and wellbeing package including trial free gym membership, fresh fruit delivered twice a week and a confidential employee assistance programme
• New starters trip on the London Eye
• Commitment to training and development
• And many, many more benefits
We will be reviewing candidates as they apply and may appoint before the closing date of 10 June 2019. Please submit your application as early as possible to be considered.
To apply, you must submit an up to date CV and the supporting questions form. The equal opportunities form is optional. CV’s in isolation will not be considered.
Please send your complete application to email@example.com. *Indeed Applicants – Please apply on the company website coinstreet.org*
Coin Street Community Builders strives to be an equal opportunities organisation and all staff are expected to share this commitment.
Our values are:
• Creative: By looking for solutions rather than problems I will find better ways of doing things
• Collaborative: By respecting the views of others we will learn, grow and achieve more together
• Committed: I do what I say I am going to do and do the best job I can.
The 3 Cs are lived by all staff at CSCB. You will be expected to demonstrate your understanding of the behaviours associated with these values during the recruitment process