Head of Property & Facilities
The Coin Street Group is looking for an experienced and creative thinking property and facilities professional to lead a busy team overseeing the management and maintenance of Coin Street’s estate. This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in the strategic development of a high profile busy estate on London’s South Bank.
We need someone with a ‘can do’ attitude, who thinks laterally, is a problem solver and who has a commitment to quality. You will ensure our property and facilities portfolio contributes towards delivering our organisational strategy; ensuring our estate is statutorily compliant; and providing excellent customer service to our residents, commercial tenants, visitors and colleagues.
The South Bank in London is home to world class cultural organisations and blue chip companies. New developments in the area include high end housing, offices and commercial properties. You will be key to establishing and maintaining relationships through existing and new networks with colleagues from these neighbours.
Coin Street Community Builders (CSCB) is a social enterprise and development trust which seeks to make London’s South Bank a better place in which to live, to work and to visit. We have transformed a largely derelict 13-acre site into a thriving mixed use neighbourhood by creating co-operative homes; redeveloping the landmark Oxo Tower Wharf into shops, galleries, restaurants, cafes and bars; creating a park and riverside walkway; by organising festivals and events; and by providing childcare, family support and sports facilities. Our future plans include a leisure centre, more affordable housing, extra care provision for older people and further commercial premises.
The successful person will possess the following:
- Strong leadership and project management skills and have the interpersonal attributes to work effectively across teams
- Excellent forward planning skills
- Procurement experience. budget management and driving value for money from facilities management spend
- Knowledge of legal and compliance requirements regarding property management
- Health and Safety knowledge and experience including a NEBOSH Certificate or equivalent
- A recognised qualification in either technical or building services (BIFM, RICS)
In addition to an excellent salary in return for your hard work we can offer you:
- 27 days’ annual leave (pro rata for part-time)
- 9% employer pension contribution
- Regular social activities including team lunches and a summer BBQ
- Discount at local leisure facilities
- Tax free childcare vouchers and season ticket loan (subject to probation period)
- Free gym membership
- Support for professional development and training
- An open plan and unique environment in the heart of London’s South Bank with excellent transport links
- An excellent appraisal system linked to performance, professional development and training
- Being part of a diverse organisation with strong links to the local community
The closing date for this position is midday on 24 August 2017. First round of interviews will take place on 31 August 2017.
Details and an application pack for this post can be downloaded above or from the Human Resources Department, Coin Street neighbourhood centre, 108 Stamford Street, London, SE1 9NH. Tel 020 7021 1645 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: only successful candidates following the application process will be contacted for interviews.
Coin Street Community Builders strives to be an equal opportunities organisation and all staff are expected to share this commitment.
Our values are:
- Creative: By looking for solutions rather than problems I will find better ways of doing things
- Collaborative: By respecting the views of others we will learn, grow and achieve more together;
- Committed: I do what I say I am going to do and do the best job I can.
The 3 Cs are lived by all staff at CSCB. You will be expected to demonstrate your understanding of the behaviours associated with these values during the recruitment process