Forming the future – Youth Night volunteer
We are looking for friendly, pro-active and engaging volunteers to support our weekly Youth Night, who can make a difference to the often challenging lives of children and young people living in inner city London. As a Youth Night volunteer you will enable us to provide more opportunities for our youth to have fun, learn and be active members of their community in a safe and nurturing environment.
Thursday Youth Night – 4-6.30pm for 8-12yrs, 6-9pm for 12-19yrs
Flexible and fun sessions for young people ages 8-12 years and 12-19ys provide a safe and friendly space to do homework, sport and games, outdoor activities, arts and crafts, cookery, and workshops and provide a healthy meal. Your time will make a huge impact on young people who need positive adult role models.
You will support young people to run their own projects and organise trips, building their confidence, skills and self-esteem.
Sessions take place at Colombo Centre, 34-68 Colombo Street, London, SE1 8DP
- Help set up and ensure the space is safe and welcoming
- Welcome young people and parents/carers and complete the register
- Engage young people in activities, workshops, games and sports
- Cook with the young people
- Help with homework and projects
- Be a positive role model and listen to young people
- Help tidy up and debrief after the session
- Plan for future sessions
- Be vigilant to any safeguarding or health and safety concerns and flag them up with the appropriate staff member as soon as possible.
As well as looking for volunteers who can ensure the smooth running of the session, we are also looking for volunteers who would be willing to take the lead to run elements of the activities. We are expanding our volunteer programme and are keen to involve you in shaping how we work with volunteers to you more responsibility, recognition and opportunities.
Travel expenses will be reimbursed with provision of receipts
Full induction and training opportunities will be provided
References and DBS check will be required for this role
About Coin Street Community Builders
Coin Street Community Builders is a social enterprise and development trust responsible for developing and managing a significant part of London’s vibrant South Bank.
Our 13 acre estate includes:
- the iconic Oxo Tower Wharf, home to designer-maker studios, exhibition and gallery spaces
- a successful conference centre
- cafes, bars and restaurants
- parks and the Riverside Walkway
- award winning co-operative housing
- a family and children’s centre providing family support and a nursery
Coin Street provides a wide programmes of free and affordable youth and adult programmes at the Coin Street neighbourhood centre and nearby Colombo Sports Centre.
To apply please download the registration form and volunteer application form from our website and return this to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please contact Laura for an application form and chat about the role. All volunteers working with children and young people will need to provide 2 references, be wiling to complete a DBS check and safeguarding training.
Phone: 020 7021 1622