Forming the future – Youth Clubs volunteer
We are looking for friendly, pro-active and engaging volunteers to support our weekly youth clubs. Make a difference to the often challenging lives of inner-city children and young people by providing opportunities to have fun, learn and be active members of their community.
Thursday youth club – 4-7.30pm
Flexible and fun sessions for young people 8-12 years provide a safe and friendly space to do homework, sport and games, outdoor activities, arts and crafts, cookery, and workshops and provide a healthy meal. Your time will make a huge impact on young people who need positive adult role models.
Friday youth club – 5.30-7.30pm
Our dedicated night for young people 13-18 years, volunteering at this session will help young people improve their health and wellbeing through gym tasters, sport or dance sessions, workshops and a healthy meal. You will support young people to run their own projects and organise trips, building their confidence, skills and self-esteem. We are also planning to offer young women a dedicated space for their ideas and activities.
Both sessions take place at Colombo Centre, 34-68 Colombo Street, London, SE1 8DP
- Help set up and ensure the space is safe and welcoming
- Welcome young people and parents/carers and complete the register
- Engage young people in activities, workshops, games and sports
- Cook with the young people
- Help with homework and projects
- Be a positive role model and listen to young people
- Help tidy up and debrief after the session
- Plan for future sessions
- Be vigilant to any safeguarding or health and safety concerns and flag them up with the appropriate staff member as soon as possible.
We are looking for volunteers who can take responsibility for running elements of the activities and become a vital part of the team. We are expanding our volunteer programme and are keen to involve you in shaping how we work with volunteers to you more responsibility, recognition and opportunities.
- Travel expenses will be reimbursed with provision of receipts
- Full induction and training opportunities will be provided
- References and DBS check will be required for this role
About Coin Street Community Builders
Coin Street Community Builders is a social enterprise and development trust responsible for developing and managing a significant part of London’s vibrant South Bank.
Our 13 acre estate includes:
- the iconic Oxo Tower Wharf, home to designer-maker studios, exhibition and gallery spaces
- a successful conference centre
- cafes, bars and restaurants
- parks and the Riverside Walkway
- award winning co-operative housing
- a family and children’s centre providing family support and a nursery
Coin Street provides a wide programmes of free and affordable youth and adult programmes at the Coin Street neighbourhood centre and nearby Colombo Sports Centre.
To apply please download the registration form and volunteer application form from our website and return this to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please contact Laura for an application form and chat about the role. All volunteers working with children and young people will need to provide 2 references, be wiling to complete a DBS check and safeguarding training.
Phone: 020 7021 1622