Family Sunday volunteer
Support sessions for children 3-9 years and their families offering a range of activities including football coaching, dance with Rambert, arts and crafts and workshops for parents.
Family Sundays volunteer – Sundays 10am–1pm
@ Colombo Centre, 34-68 Colombo Street, London, SE1 8DP
This session improves the health and wellbeing of children 3-9 years and their families through a range of activities including football coaching, dance with Rambert (the world class contemporary dance company based on the South Bank), arts and crafts, and workshops for parents. Childhood obesity is a huge issue in the capital and these fun mornings give children and their parents the opportunity to be active and learn more about nutrition and health. It is very popular session and we are keen for volunteers to help with registers and admin, provide refreshments as well as leading creative projects and health and wellbeing workshops.
- Help set up and ensure the space is safe and welcoming
- Welcome families and complete the register and registration forms
- Offer refreshments including tea and coffee and healthy snacks
- Engage families in activities and workshops
- Be friendly, engaging and a good listener
- Help tidy up and debrief after the session
- Plan for future sessions
- Be vigilant to any safeguarding or health and safety concerns and flag them up with the appropriate staff member as soon as possible.
Sessions are at the Colombo Centre in Waterloo. As the sessions are on a Sunday we are looking for volunteers who can take responsibility for running elements of the activities and become a vital part of the team. We are expanding our volunteer programme and are keen to involve you in shaping how we work with volunteers to give them more responsibility, recognition and opportunities.
About Coin Street Community Builders
Coin Street Community Builders is a social enterprise and development trust responsible for developing and managing a significant part of London’s vibrant South Bank.
Our 13 acre estate includes:
- the iconic Oxo Tower Wharf, home to designer-maker studios, exhibition and gallery spaces
- a successful conference centre
- cafes, bars and restaurants
- parks and the Riverside Walkway
- award winning co-operative housing
- a family and children’s centre providing family support and a nursery
Coin Street provides a wide programmes of free and affordable youth and adult programmes at the Coin Street neighbourhood centre and nearby Colombo Sports Centre.
To apply please download the registration form and volunteer application form from our website and return this to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please contact Laura for an application form and chat about the role. All volunteers working with children and young people will need to provide 2 references, be wiling to complete a DBS check and safeguarding training.
Phone: 020 7021 1622