Family Sunday volunteer
The health and wellbeing of children and young people is a huge issue in the capital and these fun mornings give children and their parents the opportunity to be active and learn more about nutrition and health. As a Family Sunday Volunteer you will support children and their families to engage with and enjoy the variety of activities on offer including football coaching, dance with Rambert, arts and crafts and workshops for parents.
Family Sundays volunteer – Sundays 10am–1pm
@ Colombo Centre, 34-68 Colombo Street, London, SE1 8DP
This session improves the health and wellbeing of children aged 3-9 years old and their families through a range of activities including football coaching, dance with Rambert (the world class contemporary dance company based on the South Bank), arts and crafts, and workshops for parents. It is very popular session and we need a variety of volunteer to help with registration and general session admin, provide refreshments as well as leading creative projects and health and wellbeing workshops.
- Help set up and ensure the space is safe and welcoming
- Welcome families and complete the register and registration forms
- Offer refreshments including tea and coffee and healthy snacks
- Engage families in activities and workshops
- Be friendly, engaging and a good listener
- Help tidy up and debrief after the session
- Plan for future sessions
- Be vigilant to any safeguarding or health and safety concerns and flag them up with the appropriate staff member as soon as possible.
As the sessions are on a Sunday, the role will suit those working Monday to Friday and who want to do something positive in their community. We are looking for volunteers who can take responsibility for running elements of the activities and become a vital part of the team. We are expanding our volunteer programme and are keen to involve you in shaping how we work with volunteers to give them more responsibility, recognition and opportunities.
- Expenses for travel will be reimbursed with provision of receipts
- Full induction and training opportunities will be provided
- References and DBS check will be required for this role
About Coin Street Community Builders
Coin Street Community Builders is a social enterprise and development trust responsible for developing and managing a significant part of London’s vibrant South Bank.
Our 13 acre estate includes:
- the iconic Oxo Tower Wharf, home to designer-maker studios, exhibition and gallery spaces
- a successful conference centre
- cafes, bars and restaurants
- parks and the Riverside Walkway
- award winning co-operative housing
- a family and children’s centre providing family support and a nursery
Coin Street provides a wide programmes of free and affordable youth and adult programmes at the Coin Street neighbourhood centre and nearby Colombo Sports Centre.
To apply please download the registration form and volunteer application form from our website and return this to email@example.com. Alternatively, please contact Laura for an application form and chat about the role. All volunteers working with children and young people will need to provide 2 references, be wiling to complete a DBS check and safeguarding training.
Phone: 020 7021 1622