Early Years Practitioners (Permanent)
About Coin Street
Creating an inspirational neighbourhood
We are a a social enterprise responsible for developing and managing a significant part of London’s South Bank. We have transformed a largely derelict area into a thriving place for people to live, work and visit.
Our 13-acre estate includes:
- the iconic Oxo Tower Wharf, home to designer-maker studios, exhibition and gallery spaces
- a successful conference centre
- cafes, bars and restaurants
- parks and the riverside walkway
- award winning co-operative housing
- an Ofsted Outstanding family and children’s centre providing a nursery and family support
As a social enterprise income we generate stays in the neighbourhood. It’s used to improve and maintain our site which includes Bernie Spain Gardens and the riverside walkway, and to provide a range of free and affordable programmes and activities for families, children, young people, adults and older people in Waterloo and North Southwark.
About the role
Are you committed to ensuring the highest standards of care and education for children?
Are you an enthusiastic and dedicated practitioner with creative ideas who strives for the best possible outcomes for children?
Would you like to work in a busy central London nursery with a fun, engaging, supportive and diverse team?
Our Coin Street nursery in London offers families and children high quality and affordable programmes, providing integrated childcare and early years education. As the designated Children’s Centre in the area, it offers an Ofsted registered 84-place day nursery which caters for children from 3 months to 5 years of age. As part of their programme during the last year practitioners have had opportunities to visit amazing places in and around London with the children such as the London Eye, Rambert Dance School, China Town, Tate Modern, The National Gallery, Forest School and Local Parks.
We are looking to recruit experienced Early Years Practitioners on a full-time permanent basis. You will be part of a dedicated team of practitioners who are supported by two experienced senior teachers and an operations team including a chef and housekeeper.
We are looking for applicants who can demonstrate the following:
- a recognised qualification in childcare, equivalent to at least NVQ2
- a commitment to working in partnership with parents
- experience of working with the EYFS and the ability to hit the ground running
- a can-do and enthusiastic attitude
- experience of planning, observing and recording children’s achievements
- proven skills in positive behaviour management
- excellent spoken and written English
In return we can offer you:
- 27 days’ annual leave (excluding bank holidays) pro rata for part time staff
- 9% employer pension contribution into a Scottish Widows pension scheme
- Tax free childcare vouchers and season ticket loan (subject to probation period)
- Health and well-being package including trial free gym membership at Colombo Centre, yearly flu jabs, fresh fruit delivered twice a week and a confidential employee assistance programme
- New starters trip on the London Eye
- Commitment to training and development
- And many, many more benefits
To apply, please send your completed supporting questions form, equal opportunities form and up to date CV to email@example.com.
Please note that a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for these posts and they will be subject to satisfactory disclosures.
Please note we will contact applicants once a suitable position arises at Coins Street, so we encourage you to apply early.
Coin Street Community Builders strives to be an equal opportunities organisation and all staff are expected to share this commitment.
Our values are:
- Creative: By looking for solutions rather than problems I will find better ways of doing things
- Collaborative: By respecting the views of others we will learn, grow and achieve more together
- Committed: I do what I say I am going to do and do the best job I can.
The 3 Cs are lived by all staff at CSCB. You will be expected to demonstrate your understanding of the behaviours associated with these values during the recruitment process.