Early Years Manager – full time 40 hours per week, shift rota basis
Who We Are
Coin Street Community Builders is part of a central London community creating an inspirational neighbourhood. We have been doing that since 1984. We have transformed a largely derelict area into a thriving place for people to live, work and visit by creating co-operative homes, public realm shops, restaurants and meeting spaces.
We are a social enterprise. That means income we generate stays in the neighbourhood. It’s used to improve and maintain our neighbourhood including managing and maintaining Bernie Spain Gardens and the riverside walkway and providing a range of programmes and activities for families, children, young people, adults and older people in Waterloo and North Southwark.
A big part of our neighbourhood centre is our Family and Children’s Centre which offers families and children high quality and affordable programmes, providing integrated childcare and early years’ education. Whether it is our 84-place nursery, facilitated play sessions, parenting courses, peer support groups, family exercise, counselling or one to one support for parents and carers we are here to help children get the best start they can in life.
Who We Are Looking For
We are looking to recruit an experienced Early Years Manager to join our team who is committed to ensuring the highest possible standards of care and education for all children in our busy setting.
Successful applicants will have:
- a recognised qualification in childcare, equivalent to at least Level 3 (however a Degree would be advantageous)
- significant experience of planning, implementing and evaluating a developmentally appropriate curriculum
- excellent organisational and communication skills
- a commitment to working in partnership with parents
- previous experience of managing and motivating staff
- the ability to inspire and support a team of childcare practitioners
This post may also be suitable to an NQT looking for Early Years Teaching experience, EYP/EYT who wishes to use their skills to support all staff or a manager of a smaller nursery, keen to get back into the room and have hands on experience working with the children.
You will be supported by two experienced senior teachers and be part of a diverse team which includes a chef, house keeper and administrative roles. We provide an excellent appraisal system linked to professional development and the experience of being part of a very unique organisation with strong links to the local community.
What We Offer
- an excellent salary and benefits package
- 27 days annual leave (pro rata for part-time)
- free gym membership
- support for professional development and training
- an open plan and unique environment in the heart of London’s South Bank with excellent transport links
- an excellent appraisal system linked to performance, professional development and training
- being part of a diverse organisation with strong links to the local community
Recruitment and interviews are ongoing until a suitable candidate has been appointed.
Please send completed application forms to email@example.com.
Coin Street Community Builders strives to be an equal opportunities organisation and all staff are expected to share this commitment.
- Creative: By looking for solutions rather than problems I will find better ways of doing things
- Collaborative: By respecting the views of others we will learn, grow and achieve more together
- Committed: I do what I say I am going to do and do the best job I can.
The 3 Cs are lived by all staff at CSCB. You will be expected to demonstrate your understanding of the behaviours associated with these values during the recruitment process.