Creative Takeover – Bargehouse Exhibition volunteer
Volunteer slots – 11am -1.30pm, 1.15-3.45pm, 3.30-6pm
We are looking for friendly and professional volunteers with an interest in community arts to assist and support the Coin Street (CSCB) team of staff and volunteers in providing a high-quality exhibition at the atmospheric Bargehouse on the South Bank at the end of August.
The Creative Takeover will take place at Bargehouse from Friday 30 – Sunday 1 September. We are planning to show the following:
- Art and Soul exhibition of art work by our over 50s Art group
- Photography exhibition – Black Women Rising – The Untold Cancer Stories
- Film, photography, music, sculpture and jewellery created by groups at Coin Street and in the local community.
- A variety of workshops including art workshop with experienced tutors, enterprise events and workshops and launch of our Community Champions programme.
Volunteers are needed to help with the set up of the exhibition, invigilation during the exhibition, overseeing workshops and activities that take place during the exhibition and taking the exhibition down.
The exhibition will take place at Bargehouse Street, South Bank, London SE1 9PH
- Welcome visitors to the gallery in a friendly and approachable manner
- Assist people of all ages, abilities and backgrounds to access and interpret the exhibition
- Be responsible for watching over the allocated space and reporting any concerns immediately to staff
- To support the planned programme of activities and events for the exhibition – helping set up workshops, support workshop leaders.
- To assist the CSCB staff with record keeping and other administrative responsibilities as required, such as keeping track of numbers.
- To attend meetings in the run up to the exhibition to be clear about the content of the exhibition and the role and responsibilities.
- To help with the setting up of the exhibition (Tue 27, Wed 28 and Thurs 29 August), invigilating of the exhibition (30 August – 1 September) and breakdown of the exhibition (Mon 2 September).
- Be vigilant to any safeguarding or health and safety concerns and flag them up with the appropriate staff member as soon as possible.
What we will provide for you:
- An induction for the volunteer role.
- Invitation to the Private View
- Out-of-pocket expenses will be paid where receipts are provided by the volunteer, for travel and for refreshments if over 4hrs of volunteering is completed in one day.
We value diversity within our team and will be happy to implement any adjustments needed, however some floors of this exhibition are only accessible by stairs.
About Coin Street Community Builders
Coin Street Community Builders is a social enterprise and development trust responsible for developing and managing a significant part of London’s vibrant South Bank.
Our 13-acre estate includes:
- the iconic Oxo Tower Wharf, home to designer-maker studios, exhibition and gallery spaces
- a successful conference centre
- cafes, bars and restaurants
- parks and the Riverside Walkway
- award winning co-operative housing
- a family and children’s centre providing family support and a nursery
Coin Street provides a wide programme of free and affordable youth and adult programmes at the Coin Street neighbourhood centre and nearby Colombo Sports Centre.
To apply please download the registration form and volunteer application form from our website and return this to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please contact Laura for an application form and chat about the role.
Phone: 020 7021 1622