Ad hoc Help Desk team member – flexible hours
Coin Street Community Builders (CSCB) is a social enterprise and our aim is to make our neighbourhood a great place to live, work in, and visit.
CSCB has transformed a largely derelict 13 acre site into a thriving mixed use neighbourhood by creating new co-operative homes; shops, galleries, restaurants, cafes and bars; a park and riverside walkway; sports and community facilities; conference and meeting venues; by organising festivals and events; and by providing childcare, family support and a range of community activities for adults, older people, families and young people.
We are currently looking to build our ad hoc team for the Help Desk at Coin Street neighbourhood centre to provide cover during busy periods and/or when our permanent team is away. There are no guaranteed hours per month, it is on an as and when basis, and sometimes at fairly short notice.
As a member of the Help Desk team for Coin Street Community Builders, you will ensure all visitors and staff receive an efficient and friendly front of house service. You will be based at the mixed use Coin Street neighbourhood centre which includes a series of conference, meeting and training spaces for hire to commercial and local community clients, a family and children’s centre and our staff offices.
The key tasks are:
- To provide efficient front of house service including answering and directing telephone calls and visitors, and taking messages
- To provide a positive, prompt, knowledgeable and accessible service to all Coin Street Group customers including commercial and residential tenants, stakeholders, users and potential users of the centre/other Coin Street Group products and services
- To ensure meeting, training and event spaces are clean, tidy and laid out, serviced and equipped in accordance with the daily schedule
- To provide administrative support for colleagues and, in particular, members of the Communication and Information team
- Good communication and customer service skills
- Good time management and organisation skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to follow daily schedule
- Attention to detail
To apply please download an application pack from above and email your completed application form and equal opportunities monitoring form to Morlyn Rennals, firstname.lastname@example.org
Coin Street Community Builders strives to be an equal opportunities organisation and all staff are expected to share this commitment.
Our values are:
- Creative: By looking for solutions rather than problems I will find better ways of doing things
- Collaborative: By respecting the views of others we will learn, grow and achieve more together;
- Committed: I do what I say I am going to do and do the best job I can.
The 3 Cs are lived by all staff at CSCB. You will be expected to demonstrate your understanding of the behaviours associated with these values during the recruitment process